If you’ve ever been in a car accident before, you know how frustrating the experience can be. That’s why we’ve put together a list of tips on how to handle a car accident, helping you get back on the road as quickly as possible.
According to esurance, there are seven basic steps:
- Get to safety: if you aren’t seriously injured, it’s a good idea to pull over to the shoulder or to a nearby parking lot to get out of further danger.
- Park your car: take a moment to gather yourself. Assuming it’s safe, park your car and get out of the vehicle.
- Check on others: make sure passengers and the other driver(s) involved are ok. If necessary, don’t hesitate to call an ambulance for someone else.
- Call the police: police will document the scene and issue an accident report.
- Get information: get the other driver’s name, license number, plate number, insurance, and anything else you may need.
- Document with photos: if you have a smartphone or camera, it’s a good idea to document damage on your car and the other cars involved. Make sure to document the surrounding area for reference as well.
- File claim: check your insurance ID and prepare to file a claim as soon as you can.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be better prepared to handle an accident in the near future. Don’t forget to schedule your car for service and let Union Park BMW fix up any dents or repairs next time you find yourself in a collision.