Fall is one of the best times to explore the area! The leaves are changing, the scenery is beautiful, and the temperature is now cooler out. Here are some of the best things to do in Wilmington, DE this season!
- Brandywine Valley National Scenic Byway.
- Stretching from Rodney Square to Wilmington, here is your chance to take a beautiful drive through the country side. If you have time stop by one of the many historic estates, museums and gardens to take in the sights!
- Brandywine Zoo.
- Lions and tigers and bears Oh My! While you and your family are out and about driving the Scenic Byway, stop on by the Brandywine Zoo for an afternoon leisure stroll and check out all the animals!
- Hagley Museum and Library.
- Learn the story of Delaware’s DuPont family and check out the family’s first American Estate!
- Wilmington & Western Railroad.
- Now this is the time to sit back and enjoy the ride. Take a train ride to Hockessin in a vintage train and check out the local shops while you’re there. There is an Autumn Leaf trip for the fall where you get to see all the changing leaves and when the holidays approach there is a Holiday Light Express as well. So plenty of opportunities for family fun!
- Vintage Atlantic Wine Region & Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits Trail.
- The Vintage Atlantic Wine Region stretches through parts of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and the Jersey Shore, with more than 50 wineries across the mix. There are dozens of wineries located near Wilmington, DE that host wine tastings and events!
- The Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits trail encompasses a collection of 20 wineries distilleries and breweries waiting to be tried out! All you need to do is download the passport and pick the locations!
*And remember no drinking and driving! Please make arrangements for safe passage if you plan to par-take in the 21 & over activities!