Thankfully the steps to changing a tire are simple:
- Pull over to a safe location, and put on your emergency lights to alert drivers around you.
- Use your wrench to loosen – but not to remove – the lug nuts.
- Use your car jack to raise your vehicle about six inches off the ground (make sure you place the jack where it’s recommended by your manufacturer).
- Now, completely remove the lug nuts, and then, remove the tire.
- Put on your new tire and gently replace the lug nuts – but do not tighten them yet!
- Use the jack to lower your vehicle back onto the ground.
- Tighten the lug nuts evenly, tightening each a little bit at a time, until they are equally tight.
- Be sure to put away your tools and properly store or dispose of your old tire.
For more safety tips and advice, visit us anytime at Union Park BMW!